Tuesday, June 18, 2013

InFamous Second Son-Insights

     
     I personally am really looking forward to the third InFamous. InFamous has always been a favorite of mine with its easy to understand controls, awesome powers, and great storyline. This new game looks like it's going to be a favorite. I am actually almost persuaded to buy the new system just to be able to play this game. So, let me get started on my first insight.

                                                     Delsin

     The new main protagonist is going to be named Delsin. An interesting and not usual name. He looks like a rebel, or a rogue. I am hoping that this means he will take risks and get things done, but not always in the right way. Kind of like an anti-hero. Which, speaking of heroes, brings me to my next point. Will the traditional choose your path of Hero or InFamous be included in this game? I really hope so, because thats what the name is all about. One thing about Delsin, that some people are getting confused about, is that his power is not to control smoke, his power is to absorb other conduits' powers.

                                                     Gameplay

     The gameplay in this new game is somewhat like the old InFamous. Delsin can shoot smoke balls from his hands kind of like Cole's bolts. Also, i'm looking forward to the navigation system. In the old InFamous, we had Static Thrusters, Ice Launch, Firebird Strike, and Grind Wires. In the new game, I believe that there is some sort of way to scale buildings really fast, or something of the sort. I also see Delsin being able to turn into smoke and zoom towards enemies and take them down all in a fluid movement. He also has a power much like the Static Thrusters, only with smoke. His melee weapon is his chain, much like the amp. He also has a power that is like the Electric Jump, only with smoke, but he does not have to jump from a high place to use it.

                                                      Story

   The story of Second Son is that Delsin helps a man escape from a bus crash, and he absorbs the man's smoke powers. Delsin is a rebel to the D.U.P. and believes that they are imprisoning his city. Which brings up one more point. The game designers put a lot of effort in creating a city that actually exists this time: Seattle. Delsin rebels and attacks the D.U.P. stating that "You don't control me".

   As I have said before, I am really looking forward to this game. Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to buy a new console just to play it, but that probably won't happen, so i'm just gonna start saving.                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment